What is a composite door?
Composite doors are made from various synthetic building materials, including fibreglass, aluminium, wood, foam insulation and uPVC. Fibreglass is the most commonly used material as we find it has the best effect.
Also known as glass reinforced plastic (GRC), fibreglass is an extremely strong material made from plastic reinforced with very strong fibres of glass. This results in a particularly strong and secure door, with numerous advantages, making it the perfect option for external doors.
By making a door with a variety of different materials, composite doors benefit from various properties, whilst suffering none of the disadvantages faced by a single material. The resulting strength and durability of these materials makes them ideal for external doors.
Contact us today for more information about composite doors.
How composite doors compare to other external doors
There are different types of external doors that are commonly used, although none of them are as new in design as composite design. To understand why you should buy a composite door, you should understand how they compare.
- Wooden doors- Whilst aesthetically pleasing, wooden doors are at risk from warping, bending and shrinking, causing draughts. Wood doors are usually made from hardwood, making them an expensive option.
- uPVC doors- Durable and cheap, these doors require minimal maintenance, but aren’t beautiful in any way. They’re only really chosen when price is the main factor.
- Composite doors- The exact features of composite doors can vary quite widely, due to the different materials used, and this means you’ll almost certainly be able to find one suitable for your budget. They have the durability and low maintenance of uPVC, whilst retaining the beauty of a wooden door. They’re highly insulated, making them energy efficient, and they don’t warp or shrink.
Call us on 01293 783 707 now to get your new composite door.
A summary of the advantages of composite doors
- A composite door has wood grain and beautiful wood effects without any susceptibility to shakes, splits or knots.
- They don’t twist, bow, crack or dry out in bad weather conditions.
- Composite doors have the ability to retain up to 6 times the amount of heat as a wooden door has.
- Composite doors don’t shrink, maintaining a draught proof seal against its frame.
- Unlike wood, colours will not feel or fade.
Request your brochure by calling 01293 783 707 today.
Security and composite doors
The different materials used in composite doors make them very strong and secure. The way we construct composite doors allows you to add advanced and sophisticated locking systems not available to uPVC or wooden doors.
You can also add high security deadbolts and multipoint auto locks, along with extra and strengthened hinges for a truly secure front door.
Get more information on our composite doors by contacting us now.